General dentistry in Houston is the key to great dental health. Not only that, but it improves your overall health too. Poor dental health and gum disease have been linked to conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes. We use digital X-rays and other diagnostic tools to identify dental issues that need to be addressed.
Our general dental care will:
- Help you smile more confidently, knowing your smile looks good
- Enable us to find problems like cavities in their early stages, when they are easy and relatively inexpensive to treat
- Allow us to build a strong relationship with you, since you’ll likely visit our office more for general dental services than for any other treatment
To make an appointment for a dental exam or other general dental service, call us today at 713-234-6690. If you’re a new patient, take advantage of our $149 offer for an exam, X-rays, and standard dental cleaning. We use electronic health records for your convenience!
Keep Your Teeth in Top Shape With Preventive Dentistry
Brushing and flossing your teeth at home goes a long way toward keeping your mouth healthy. Even with careful home care, though, it’s easy to miss areas of plaque, the sticky, bacteria-filled substance that causes cavities and gum disease. We’ll remove plaque from your teeth with our professional dental cleanings. If your teeth and gums are sensitive, we’ll use a topical anesthetic to numb the area and keep the process as comfortable as possible for you.
We may recommend other preventive services, like:
- Fluoride Treatments – Applying fluoride to your teeth strengthens your enamel, giving you a better defense against cavities.
- Dental Sealants – A thin protective coating applied to your back teeth helps keep this cavity-prone part of your mouth free of decay.
- Nutritional Counseling – We’ll suggest dietary changes you can make to keep your teeth healthy and improve your overall health too.
Dr. Ali Falahat can also help identify the causes of problems like dry mouth and halitosis (bad breath) and suggest products that will ease your discomfort. He will check for early warning signs of oral cancer too.
Protect Your Teeth With Custom Mouthguards
If you participate in sports, you need a mouthguard to protect your teeth from damage. Dr. Falahat can fit you for a custom mouthguard. With a custom fit made from impressions of your teeth, it will stay in your mouth at all times and protect you better than a store-bought mouthguard. We can also provide you with a mouthguard that will prevent you from grinding your teeth, a habit that can cause serious dental damage.
Your Gum Health Is Important Too
You can’t have healthy teeth without healthy gums. Gum disease is a problem that can cause bleeding and tender gums in its early stages, called gingivitis. If left untreated, it can lead to tooth loss in a more serious stage called periodontitis. Dr. Falahat treats gum disease with a deep cleaning procedure called scaling and root planing. It removes bacteria that causes the disease and keeps gums from receding. If gum recession has already occurred, we’ll refer you to a specialist.
For general dentistry in Houston, call 713-234-6690. Se habla español.