Root Canal Treatment in Houston, TX
People from Houston and its surrounding areas can visit Dental Bright for root canal treatment services. Root canal treatment is a restorative dental procedure that saves your teeth from inflammation and infection. This proven procedure eliminates bacteria, infection, and pain, saving your tooth. You can contact us at (713) 783-6060 to set an appointment.
UNDERSTANDING ROOT CANALS
The inside of your tooth has a part called the pulp. It has blood vessels, nerves, and tissue. When the pulp gets infected or hurt, it can cause swelling, infection, and pain. Sometimes, bacteria inside the root canal can damage the tooth and jawbone without clear signs. In these cases, a root canal treatment is needed to save the tooth. Suppose you experience swollen or tender gums, gums turning darker, bumps on the gums, and severe pain or sensitivity when biting or chewing. In that case, you should consider a root canal.
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT BENEFITS
Root canal treatment offers numerous benefits, including:
- Improved appearance: It has a restorative approach that restores the tooth's aesthetic look, including crowns or fillings.
- Reduced risk of further decay: Removing the affected tooth pulp helps keep the bacteria from spreading and harming nearby teeth.
- Restored function: Root canals enable the tooth to function normally.
- Preservation of natural teeth: Natural teeth' importance is unmatched in appearance and function, and a root canal helps with that.
THE ROOT CANAL PROCESS AND POTENTIAL COMPLICATIONS
The root canal treatment typically involves four steps:
- X-ray and numbing: An X-ray is taken, and the treatment site is numbed.
- Infection removal: The infected pulp is revealed by a cut close to the crown, which is removed after the canals have been properly cleaned.
- Filling and restoration: The canals are filled, and a crown or restoration is placed to protect and restore the tooth’s functionality.
While root canal treatment carries some risks, such as tooth loss or abscesses in rare cases, the procedure is generally safe and effective, with a success rate of 86-98%.
PREVENTING THE NEED FOR ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
If you want to prevent root canal treatment, then it is very important to maintain clean and healthy hygiene. You can brush twice a day, floss, and regularly visit the dentist; if any discomfort occurs, then treat it as a priority. It is best to avoid acidic foods and beverages, chewing ice and using a mouthguard during sports or teeth grinding.