Stop Damage From Teeth GrindingHouston, TX
Teeth grinding in Houston can be a very destructive habit. It damages your enamel, leaving your teeth looking worn down. With enough force, you can even crack or break teeth, meaning you’ll need a restorative dentistry procedure to fix them. Dr. Ali Falahat can fit you for a custom mouthguard that will stop your grinding (bruxism), so you won’t need a costly repair.
Our mouthguard will:
- Be made especially for you from impressions of your teeth, so it fits better than a store-bought mouthguard
- Keep your smile in better shape
- Prevent teeth sensitivity caused by grinding
- Relieve facial tenderness, headaches, and other unpleasant symptoms associated with bruxism
- Help you and your bed partner get a more restful night’s sleep
If you suspect you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep, call Dental Bright at (713) 357-6355. If a dental exam shows signs of a grinding habit, Dr. Falahat will likely suggest a mouthguard for you.
Take Good Care of Your Mouthguard to Extend Its Life
The lab that makes your custom mouthguard uses the highest-quality materials. That means your mouthguard should last for years with proper care. Here are some tips on how to handle your mouthguard:
- Brush it with a non-abrasive toothpaste and soft-bristled toothbrush before wearing it. If you don’t have access to a brush and paste, rinse it with water before inserting it.
- Store it in a ventilated case.
- Once a week or so, clean it with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide. Soak the mouthguard in the peroxide for no more than 10 minutes.
- Don’t use any alcohol-based product on your mouthguard, including rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer. Other cleaning solutions to avoid include dishwashing soap and denture tablets.
Even if you are not currently feeling any tooth pain, the dentist might recommend a root canal. Sometimes, tooth infections are painless and can spread slowly through the tooth. To stop the infection and save the tooth from extraction, the dentist may recommend a root canal treatment. The objective is to prolong the lifespan of…
Wondering how a general dentist treats toothaches? Whenever someone is experiencing a toothache, they may experience minimal discomfort or a great deal of pain. Either way, toothaches need to be treated in order for one to have a healthy mouth.Anytime someone is suffering from a toothache, it needs to be professionally treated or else it…
Weak teeth can create a lot of oral problems, which is why it is a good idea to consider cosmetic dentistry. While most people believe that cosmetic dentistry only focuses on the appearance of the teeth, that is actually far from the truth. Cosmetic dentists specialize in improving both the form and function of the…
A dental filling is used to restore and renew teeth that are in bad shape. Oftentimes, a general dentist will recommend a dental filling for patients who have a minor cavity, but the procedure can also be used to treat things like chips or cracks.Regardless of what the dental filling is being used to treat,…
Dental health remains as important as ever during the COVID-19 outbreak. However, you should still make your oral health a priority. The good news is that there are a few ways to maintain your dental health. A diet of nutritious foods and good oral hygiene are both ways to keep your teeth healthy. Keep reading…