Stop Damage From Teeth GrindingHouston, TX
Teeth grinding in Houston can be a very destructive habit. It damages your enamel, leaving your teeth looking worn down. With enough force, you can even crack or break teeth, meaning you’ll need a restorative dentistry procedure to fix them. Dr. Ali Falahat can fit you for a custom mouthguard that will stop your grinding (bruxism), so you won’t need a costly repair.
Our mouthguard will:
- Be made especially for you from impressions of your teeth, so it fits better than a store-bought mouthguard
- Keep your smile in better shape
- Prevent teeth sensitivity caused by grinding
- Relieve facial tenderness, headaches, and other unpleasant symptoms associated with bruxism
- Help you and your bed partner get a more restful night’s sleep
If you suspect you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep, call Dental Bright at (713) 357-6355. If a dental exam shows signs of a grinding habit, Dr. Falahat will likely suggest a mouthguard for you.
Take Good Care of Your Mouthguard to Extend Its Life
The lab that makes your custom mouthguard uses the highest-quality materials. That means your mouthguard should last for years with proper care. Here are some tips on how to handle your mouthguard:
- Brush it with a non-abrasive toothpaste and soft-bristled toothbrush before wearing it. If you don’t have access to a brush and paste, rinse it with water before inserting it.
- Store it in a ventilated case.
- Once a week or so, clean it with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide. Soak the mouthguard in the peroxide for no more than 10 minutes.
- Don’t use any alcohol-based product on your mouthguard, including rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer. Other cleaning solutions to avoid include dishwashing soap and denture tablets.
A smile makeover can help improve a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. However, modern cosmetic dentistry offers patients so many cosmetic dentistry options that the process can sometimes be intimidating. The initial consultation is the patient's chance to explain what the goal for the makeover is, find out what procedures are available, get questions answered…
Braces have been around for centuries, in some form. This teeth-straightening method is effective at correcting misaligned teeth and bite abnormalities. If you think this treatment can help you, a dentist is the right professional for the task. Braces can be the right choice for patients young and old.Traditional braces are made of metal. They…
Getting a dental crown restoration can help your teeth return to full functionality. It can protect the teeth from decaying any further and it can improve your smile. Discover all the information you should be aware of before going down this road.A new crown is a solution for several problems with the teeth and can…
Dental braces come with a unique experience, and it may take a while to get used to the feeling. Knowing what to expect after getting braces will help you prepare for the process. With the proper information, you will not be confused or nervous when you finally get the braces. Although it requires time and…
There are certain risk factors for oral cancer that are important to be mindful about. Along with routine oral cancer screenings from your dentist, it is encouraged to check for any early signs of oral cancer every so often, especially if you meet one or more of the criteria for being at higher risk. By understanding…