Teeth grinding in Houston can be a very destructive habit. It damages your enamel, leaving your teeth looking worn down. With enough force, you can even crack or break teeth, meaning you’ll need a restorative dentistry procedure to fix them. Dr. Ali Falahat can fit you for a custom mouthguard that will stop your grinding (bruxism), so you won’t need a costly repair.
Our mouthguard will:
- Be made especially for you from impressions of your teeth, so it fits better than a store-bought mouthguard
- Keep your smile in better shape
- Prevent teeth sensitivity caused by grinding
- Relieve facial tenderness, headaches, and other unpleasant symptoms associated with bruxism
- Help you and your bed partner get a more restful night’s sleep
If you suspect you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep, call Dental Bright at 713-234-6690. If a dental exam shows signs of a grinding habit, Dr. Falahat will likely suggest a mouthguard for you.
Take Good Care of Your Mouthguard to Extend Its Life
The lab that makes your custom mouthguard uses the highest-quality materials. That means your mouthguard should last for years with proper care. Here are some tips on how to handle your mouthguard:
- Brush it with a non-abrasive toothpaste and soft-bristled toothbrush before wearing it. If you don’t have access to a brush and paste, rinse it with water before inserting it.
- Store it in a ventilated case.
- Once a week or so, clean it with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide. Soak the mouthguard in the peroxide for no more than 10 minutes.
- Don’t use any alcohol-based product on your mouthguard, including rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer. Other cleaning solutions to avoid include dishwashing soap and denture tablets.
If teeth grinding in Houston is a problem for you, we can help you solve it with a custom mouthguard. Call us at 713-234-6690 today to schedule an appointment. You’ll find our office near the Third Coast Volleyball Club and Sterling McCall Ford.